- You are a merchant who registers to access and use our services through our platform (hereinafter referred to as “merchant”);
- You are a consumer who registers through our platform with a merchant to receive rewards and promotional offers (hereinafter referred to as “consumer”) or
- You are a visitor of our website (hereinafter referred to as “website visitor”).
When we refer to:
- “Personal information” or “information related to you”, we mean the information that can identify you or that could be used to identify you, for example your name, email address, date of birth, genre, address, phone number, IP address and the transactional information from Point-of-Sale;
- “Our platform”, we mean all the Dropi website or any of its pages derived from www.dropi.app (and our related applications);
- “Services”, we mean the use of our platform for the optimization and improvement of promotions and rewards proposed by Dropi to merchants that the merchants can then offer to the consumers (at the merchant’s discretion);
- “You” and “your”, we mean the merchants, the consumers or the website visitor, depending on the context; and
- “Your merchant”, we mean the specific merchant with whom a consumer has registered to receive rewards or promotional offers through our platform.
Dropi is a reward and recognition service available to merchants. We offer merchants the possibility to collect personal information on the consumers in order for us to optimize and improve the promotions and rewards that Dropi offers to the merchants. Those merchants can then, at their own discretion, offer those promotions and rewards to the consumers. The data collection allows Dropi to inform the merchants which type of promotions and rewards the consumers like and really use in order for them to offer targeted promotions to consumers. When we refer to “Dropi”, “us” or “our”, we mean Dropi, Inc.
If you are a merchant, you are separately obligated to act according to the laws regarding the privacy that apply in your country. Even if you are not established within the EU, you may be forced to act according to the RGPD if you offer goods and services to consumers located within the EU at the moment when they trade with you. You should
- Get the informed consent from your consumers for the collection and use of their personal data by Dropi.
If you are a merchant, we collect personal information about you when you register to access and use our Services, and then when we provide you Services through our platform, including
- The name and contact information (including the address);
- Username and password;
- Support information, including the problems, contact dates and the corrective measures put in place;
- Technical information, including your browser, the computer, the IP address, reference links (UTM), the language and the operating system.
If you are a consumer, we collect personal information about you on behalf of your merchant when we provide our services to the merchant, including
- Your name, email address, age and gender;
- Products or services you have bought;
- The value of your purchase;
- Date and time of the purchase;
- Rewards or discounts applied/exchanged.
We collect this information when:
- You register as a client with your merchant;
- You accept rewards and promotions offered by your merchant;
- You buy goods or services from your merchant;
- You provide any additional information to your merchant;
- You browse the products and services of your merchant.
If you are a website visitor, we collect information, including
- Sponsorship Links (UTM)
- Visited pages
We use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Process the registration of your account;
- Provide you services;
- Identify you when you connect to your account;
- Communicate with you regarding services;
- Solve technical questions;
- Improve and further develop our services;
- Produce reports and summarize research data.
We use the personal information that we collect about you on behalf of your merchant in order to provide our services to merchants, including to:
- Inform merchants on the types of services that you, and other consumers like you, are likely to use in order for the merchant to offer promotions and rewards more likely to be appropriate and efficient;
- Improve and customize the services we provide to the merchant;
- Improve our commercial practices, such as security, speed and information systems.
Optimize the marketing efforts by tracking the references of websites.
We use organizational and technical security measures designed to provide a reasonable protection of your personal information (whether you are a merchant, a consumer or a website visitor) against non-authorized access, divulgation, modification, loss and abuse use. Those security measures include:
- Immediate notification of the security breach to the security officer and a defined process to notify the concerned people as well as the relevant authorities within 72 hours following the breach;
- Regular training about security compliance;
- Two-factor authentication for all accesses to data services by Dropi employees.
We do not share the merchant’s personal information outside of Dropi, except for the third-party billing services.
We only share your personal information with your merchant (and on whose behalf we collect and use your personal information).
The website data is only shared with third parties offering services of analysis and integration.
The personal information is stored in AWS Server Cloud, in the United States.
The cookie information can be deleted according to the documentation of the specific browser used by the users.
Occasionally, we will send you transactional emails or other communications regarding your account with us, updates of our website and its maintenance, as well as new features and special offers.
You can ask us not to use your personal information for communication, marketing or promotional communication, at any moment, by:
- Unsubscribing from our marketing emails by using the unsubscribe feature or
- By contacting us using the contact information below and asking us to unsubscribe you.
You understand that is you ask us not to send you emails, you might delay or not receive information related to the service or to access the new features.
Dropi will send email or any other form of communication to consumers only on behalf of the merchant.
You have the right, under the Privacy Act 1993, to access and/or request the correction of your personal information that we hold. You can do this by contacting us using the coordinates below.
We collect and use your personal information on behalf of your merchant. If you wish to access and/or correct your personal information, please contact your merchant directly. We will then act based on the instructions of the merchant. If you send us a request, we will transmit it to the merchant in order for them to answer you.
You can request us to delete the information we hold about you and to stop collecting and using your personal information by closing your account with us. Once we have been informed that you wish to delete your account, we will keep your personal information only for 30 days after the closure of your account. If we cannot delete all your information, we will inform you.
We collect and use your personal information on behalf of your merchant. For this reason, it belongs to your merchant to determine how long we hold your personal information in our systems. If you wish us
to stop collecting and using your personal information and/or
delete or send you the information we hold about you, please contact your merchant. We will then act according to the instructions of your merchant. You understand that if your merchant asks us to stop collecting and using your information, you will not be able to receive rewards or promotional offers from our platform.
We might need to update this policy from time to time. If you are a merchant, we will notify you by email of any important change. The merchant then has the responsibility to transmit those changes to their customers if necessary.